Apple Cider Vinegar-have you ever drank this?

callducklover20

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Bonner Springs, KS
Ok I bought a big bottle of ACV with Mothers at Whole Foods tonight, I wanted to make sure I had it around for my ducks and chickens but then I read the bottle-Do any of you drink this yourself? I see where it says to basically make yourself a energy drink for morning and earlier afternoon-just want to know if this works or do you end up in the bathroom lol

Last edited:
I do drink it actually. The only way I've been able to get it down is to mix it in some veggie juice. I like the Bolthouse Veggie or carrot juice. It does have the "bathroom affect" at first but nothing crazy. I've been doing it for about a month and I have to say, I feel good. Not sure if it's doing anything or not, but it hasn't hurt.

I put it in my iced tea. Gives it a little zing, but my husband just drinks it . . .swears by the energy claim. I have a friend who puts it in her coffee and just chugs it down. I would imagine making salad dressings with it would have the same effect, as long as we didn't add a bunch of "fake" stuff to it! It will lower cholesterol too.

ACV is amazing stuff. It's an amazing anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. I bathe in it when I have ... feminine... problems. You girls will know what I'm talking about. It works like a charm and is way less annoying than the over-the-counter stuff for the same problem, and won't damage your body's natural flora and fauna. My skin comes out of the bath rather pungent and smelling like salad, but feeling fresh and soft.

It's also good for other types of human parasitic fungus--athlete's foot, ingrown nail fungus, etc. (I know it's gross to talk about this stuff, but it's also important to share information).

And yes, I do sometimes drink it, but I haven't found a way to do it that I find palatable, so it hasn't become a regular part of my diet. I've just been reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan, which is a fascinating read, and so it's fresh in my mind that the fermentation process is one way that humans have developed to make certain vitamins and other important nutrients available to our bodies that would otherwise remain locked up in the plant (in the case of ACV, that would be the apple). True ACV is one way of accessing those nutrients.

It's also good for breast infections, the sort new mothers sometimes get (aka mastitis) when their milk supply is out of balance.

And it's a good general tonic for health. I totally believe the energy claims, though I haven't had the experience myself, mostly because I can't bring myself to drink enough to make a difference, except when I'm sick.

Just be careful. I recently saw some APPLE CIDER (flavored) VINEGAR advertised at a common grocery store and almost bought it before I saw the small print (that little word, "flavored") and realized that it was just regular white vinegar (which is also wonderful stuff but an entirely different compound with entirely different properties and uses and also much cheaper to make) flavored (artificially) to taste like apple cider vinegar. One more way our industrial food chain is turning real food into something else entirely and tricking our taste buds into thinking nothing's changed. Oops, sorry. Michael Pollan is fresh on my mind! LOL

I buy it by the gallon. I put a little in my ice tea or even my diet sprite
big_smile.png
I also use it in cooking and it is one of the ingredients in pepper jelly.

I drink it also, I have high blood pressure and it has helped alot with that and I lost weight at first, I will be honest I usually have to psych myself up to drink it but I bet it would be decent in veggie juice.. There are so many benefits to ACV..

Candace

Supposed to good for arthritis as well.
It is a good hoof soak for thrush and hoof abscesses. 50/50
It changes the PH to a negative gram and the bacteria cannot grow.

I've also drank it for heart burn, and it worked! This is a great thread for ideas. I do give it regularly to my chickens... I think they possibly are more healthy then me!

Back
Top Bottom