Apple Cider Vinegar

Larry Rose

Chirping
Mar 9, 2018
I started spraying a 50/50 mix around the coop, especially on the roost perches and underneath.. It cuts down on the smell, especially the ammonia smell. I'm sure it kills parasites in the process, but it sure makes the coop smell more pleasant! Is there any harm in doing this indefinitely? I'm sure it will help cut down on the fly population in the summer too. Thanks in advance. Larry

Thank You all for the warm welcome. I feel right at home. I have yet to build a "Poop Tray" but will soon. Didn't give it much thought when building my Coop. The more I use the 50/50 mixture of ACV, the more I like it. I use a hand spray bottle. Last night I sprayed the roosts just before they got on. They immediately started preening, which makes me suspect Mites. I'm sure the Mites can't take the smell of ACV, which was one of my intentions. The Coop has almost zero ammonia odor or any odor at all. Windows are open in the daytime for fresh air. Closed at night. No smell in the morning either. I may have stumbled onto something great.

Welcome Wagon.gif
Welcome to Backyard chickens!

Thanks for the tip

Back
Top Bottom