Appreciate help with ID or sexing please

nc farm

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 13, 2013
Lexington, NC
We hatched the three small ones and bought the four larger ones from a neighbor who wasn't quite sure of their breed - possibly ameraucana. Appreciate any info regarding breed or sex. The little black one is quite comical. He has a tiny bit of what looks like a comb coming in, so I've been calling him a he. Plus his legs seem big, in comparison. He is very inquisitive and likes hopping into my hand. He is the goofball with the outstretched neck! The little red one, we helped hatch as he/she had pipped a big hole then appeared stuck. We are glad to have helped and it seems to be getting along ok. Thank you for any info pertaining to breed or sex. This chicken stuff is fun!

Attachments

• IMG_4064.JPG
    IMG_4064.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4065.JPG
    IMG_4065.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4067.JPG
    IMG_4067.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 2
Too young to sex, update when they’re at least 6 weeks old. Same regarding breed, though it looks like you could have some easter eggers. Unfortunately a lot of chicks look the same at this early age. Try to take the updated pics in natural lighting, that helps with actual feather and comb colour.

The yellow ones with darker wings and back smudge look to be Delaware, maybe crossed with something else.
I hope so, Cluckstar! We had some Delaware hens a while back and they were our best layers. Though our rooster is part Delaware as well. He is a Delaware, RIR and Araucana mix.

Back
Top Bottom