Appropriate price for penedesenca trio

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by my silkie is a new mum, Dec 24, 2008.

1. my silkie is a new mum

my silkie is a new mum Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2008
    Barry Koffler is willing to sell me a trio of penedesencas. He said he will ship them to me for the appropriate price. Or he has to be talked into it with the right $$$. About how much should that be. I know they are rare and adults, but Ive never ordered adults before!

They are creles if that helps

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  2. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Dealing with sellers that don't know the value of their birds or asks you to make an offer usually does not does not bode well for the buyer.

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Without seeing the birds it's impossible to suggest a value.

4. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I do not for a minute think that Barry Koffler doesn't know what his birds are worth.
    I think the OP wants to know what to expect Barry to want for the trio.

Aside from that comment I have little else to say. Because I do not personally have any idea what they should bring.

I can say this;
    Just the shipping for a trio of largefowl will be around $30 for two boxes, it will definitely take at least two boxes. And the shipping will be around $50 or so (it goes by weight)

So that is about $80 right there, not including the birds.

5. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    I never like shipping adult birds because the pullets will have to go without water for a substantial period of time. It usually sends the birds into an early molt. I've had 'em shipped to me but a mistake here or there and 2-3 days . . . just not good (no matter what the shipping agent promises)-- the shorter the distance, of course, the better.

Still, I agree with w.clawrence that it will be about $80 (no less) just for the shipping costs alone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by