Approx 6-8week chick falling over/loss of balance

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Elle-lady, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Elle-lady

Elle-lady New Egg

Jul 22, 2011
    Need advice !!! Got my silky chicks (2) finally today (think about 2months old) and they were fine when got it and drive it home but now it is really weard and unballanced and not right (Just 1 not the other)??? any advice drove safely in the car ??? Have moved other young chickens before but never had one like this doesent seam sick just unbalanced.... Any help would be great.

2. sjpifer

sjpifer New Egg

Sep 13, 2010
    I had the same thing happen to one of my silkies, after treating her with vitamin water, bringing her in she just got worse to the point she was just flopping and her leg was paralyzed and kind of behind her and she was starving, Vet said he thought she had Marek's and I should take her to the state for diagnosis. I decided not to because there was nothing they could do anyway and if my other's had it there was nothing I could do for them either. So far all my others are fine a month after first one got sick.....btw, she seemed completely normal and then just started acting like she was dizzy and off balance.

3. At 2 months old their immune system is being established. It could be a number of things, Meriks is possibility. Sadly even at 2 months they are still a bit fragile. Contact the seller and see what they have been experiencing with their stock. That may help.

Wish you the best.

4. Oh and
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by