April 15th- New Brinsea Owner Hatch Along

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by artathart, Apr 13, 2011.

1. artathart

artathart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    New Brinsea Owners and anyone else would would like to join who is hatching on the weekend of April 15th! Come join the fun and hopefully less madness since I know a lot of us now own a Brinsea!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Woohoo!!! Just saw that you had added this!!!! You know I am in as long as it gets here tomorrow!! [​IMG]

Saw your post on the other thread so here it is: I am using a Brinsea Oct 20 Advanced EX for the very first time. As in the first time I have ever used a bator. I am planning setting pure EE's and EE/Maran cross. Not sure on a total yet but no more than 20 becuz that's all the bator will hold!!!!

3. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:It will be there. Plus....I put the weekend of April 15th to allow for others to join on different days. How excited are we???? [​IMG]

4. SDpeafowl

SDpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Dakota
    I'm in. I'm hopefully starting up the bator tomorrow night! My dad has been really busy. I might have to set eggs on Sunday. Will I still be able to join in on the hatch- along?

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I got mine recently. I just set 14 Marans eggs on 4/11 at midnight. This is my first time. Any advise would be appreciated. I have an ECO 20.

thanks

6. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:We are all pretty new so I hope we can help eachother!

7. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:Of course you can!!!!!

8. SDpeafowl

SDpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Dakota
    Quote:Of course you can!!!!!

That sounds good!

9. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Quote:We are all pretty new so I hope we can help eachother!

SDpeafowl wrote:
    I'm in. I'm hopefully starting up the bator tomorrow night! My dad has been really busy. I might have to set eggs on Sunday. Will I still be able to join in on the hatch- along?

I don't see why either couldn't join. We are all new at this and need help. A few days isn't going to make a difference!!!​

10. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    I just finished sanitizing my New Brinsea. I used Lysol wipes on EVERYTHING and then I went over everything again with a damp, wet paper towel. My Brinsea is now surgical clean! I am super exctied for eggs. I have eggs that may arrive tomorrow. I am going to let them sit out till Friday morning. Some people say to put them in right away while others say to let them ajust to room temp for 6-8 hours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by