April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Jumping in as my silkie girls just started laying today after almost 7 weeks!
Checked for fertility as my little cockerel has his favorites.
This egg had a weird shape, so I didn’t feel too bad cracking it open.
Beautiful bullseye!
Going to start collecting and hope to set in about a week. 😊
A96E6D30-4A19-4EA0-AFAD-4FC162DFC57D.jpeg

I set the little angels last night, praying for development in all! They all had good air cells somehow after shipping....I didn't think that was possible. One was cracked but the shell was very porous so I am not mad. I gave it the magic touch with some wax.

I have a lovely arrange of silkie colours: buff, splash, paint and cuckoo from an amazing breeder! Trying to contain my excitement because....shipped eggs.

Well I’m in. My first hatch was a few weeks back, nine eggs and five hatched. Now I’m setting twenty four and so far looks like twenty three developing. On day four now. Expecting April 5th. +/- hatch day. Tried for Easter but got busy.

They are twenty silkie eggs and four largefoul eggs. LF = Two green eggs and two tan/light brown. There are miscellaneous defects and issues with a few of these eggs. Some have significant cracks, some are odd shaped and a couple have odd shell deficiencies that make candling difficult. I’m on the lazy mans turning schedule which is every morning and night, and afternoon of I remember. I figured in nature they may or may not know which to discard or which not too. So far everyone’s growing except one silkie egg, I think.
Here’s to going off the deep end. 😂
One chick photo from hatch one.

Attachments

• 538ABAFC-9E96-41A7-A937-A467882193B6.jpeg
    538ABAFC-9E96-41A7-A937-A467882193B6.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 14
Well I’m in. My first hatch was a few weeks back, nine eggs and five hatched. Now I’m setting twenty four and so far looks like twenty three developing. On day four now. Expecting April 5th. +/- hatch day. Tried for Easter but got busy.

They are twenty silkie eggs and four largefoul eggs. LF = Two green eggs and two tan/light brown. There are miscellaneous defects and issues with a few of these eggs. Some have significant cracks, some are odd shaped and a couple have odd shell deficiencies that make candling difficult. I’m on the lazy mans turning schedule which is every morning and night, and afternoon of I remember. I figured in nature they may or may not know which to discard or which not too. So far everyone’s growing except one silkie egg, I think.
Here’s to going off the deep end. 😂
One chick photo from hatch one.
Yes the hatching bug seems to have exponential growth!🤣
Yay, more silkies!

Back
Top Bottom