1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

April Swap Results *Updated with pics*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Broke Down Ranch, May 14, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I know some have already posted their ressults and some are still waiting for a hatch. But I thought it would make it easier for the senders to see how the eggs they shipped did for their swap partner. So anyway, here goes:

My swap partner was Bee - so far I have 4 chicks with the other 3 pipped. I received 7 eggs (or maybe it was 8 and I forgot to move the 8th from the rest of the chicks hatching [​IMG] ). So, if I did receive 7 eggs it looks like a 100% hatch rate [​IMG]

UPDATE - THEY all hatched!!

Here's a pic pf them right after hatching (in my goose-bator that's 1000 yrs old and still works GREAT)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Anyone else from the April swap wanna share? [​IMG]

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! Very cute! So do you know exactly what you got? Looks like EE from my untrained eye and one looks like an Australorp? Am I close? [​IMG] Can't wait to see everyone's results from the Swap! Maybe I can participate one day! (my hens are still babies).

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    My eggies are on day 13 I candled them yesterday and it looks like all but one are growing.

5. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    OK, my eggs were mixed except for 2 of them. My swap partner had labeled each of them with the initial from the hen that laid it (the hen's name, that is). And she DID send 8 - I found the 8th chick because of the feathers on the legs! So still a 100% hatch rate - not bad for shipped, eh? Anyway, here is a list of the breeds that made those babies:

H = Hootie = Ameraucana hen and rooster = green/blue egg

T = Tangie = Buff Orpington hen and Ameraucana rooster mix

M = Madea = Moran hen and Ameraucana rooster mix

L = Lilly = Buff Cochin hen and Ameraucana rooster mix

Thanks Bee for such great eggs and packing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by