Aprons

Discussion in 'Quail' started by emvickrey, Dec 6, 2010.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I just wanted to show off my new aprons I made for my quail. I just felt so sorry for them with the bare spot on their back and it's so cold. I wanted to give their feathers a chance to grow back in and help them stay a little warmer. And it wasn't easy to put them on them either. They fought me like it was life or death. ONce they discovered they couldn't get them off they just acted like it was normal. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By emvickrey at 2010-12-06

2. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Now that is cute. Is this a two person job to get them on them?

3. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I don't think shew will lose too many more feathers. I wish I had one of them chicken sized for when they molt in the winter.

4. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:I make them to sell too. I charge $3.00 each. I did have them posted in the "Everything else" thread. I don't have the quail ones posted there but I just made these and only have 2 extra. I can make more.

And yes, it would have been easier if I had an extra pair of hands to help put them on them but when the cat jumped up on the cage I was using to hold them down on, they stopped cold and was very still. The cat wouldn't bother them unless they got loose from me then it would be a race to see which of us caught it first. [​IMG]

Anyway, if anybody wants to buy any I will be happy to make more. Just PM me with what size and how many. Shipping depends on where your at.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by