Arabian lovers

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kinnip, May 11, 2009.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I know there are more than a couple of you out there. I'm looking for a Polish stud for my mare. It would be great if he were here in the SE, so I can check him out, but I'm not beyond ordering semen. I really want to breed up. My girl is from Aladdin and Bask lines. I'd love to find a guy who has performed well in the dressage arena. It would be super-duper great if he had a sabiano gene, so I might get a blood mark. Any suggestions?

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wished I can help you! maybe if you google Dressage Arabians, I am sure you can come up a few studs!

Aladdinn and Bask are two good lines and maybe linebred Bask or BeyShah (one of the good performance Arabian stud back in the 80's are a good start). I dont know Aladdinn too well but Bask would be the safest bet. I do remember an Egyptian bred stud that did well in dressage but the name escaped me. It has been so long since I was into Arabians in the 70's and 80's and got out of them in the mid to late 80's after seeing so many abused Arabians that it turned me off to go to another breed.

AI is not too bad but it is costly to send your mare to the stud, like stud fees, board, care, vet expenses and turn outs (if that is extra). All in all, it would be cheaper to AI.

Whatever works, I am sure you will have a fine foal!

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Quote:Good advice. Thanks. This is my first time, so any advice vis a vis the logistics of it all is deeply appreciated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by