Aracauna or Easter Egger? Please take a look.

chilisweet

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Hi fellow chicken addicts. We have this hen (pretty sure she is although she has not layed yet) and I was looking on here yesterday and saw a few threads on the difference between an Easter Egger and an Aracauna. The hen pics I saw on here looked just like our hen Dora. I would like to know from you chicken eggsperts whether we have one or the other. Or maybe the info we received is wrong and its neither! Just curiosity at this point. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

It's an Easter Egger. With the muffs and beard, looks like it has some Ameraucana in there somewhere--but it doesn't meet the standard for any of the recognized varieties of Amerauacana.

That is an EE...I have one that was supposed to be an Ameraucana... looks like my girl green legs and all.

Edit: She is spoiled rotten and such a sweetie.

This is her at 18 weeks old:

HPIM3117Small.jpg

HPIM3121Small.jpg

Last edited:
wow. Splitting image there. Very pretty girl. Ours is not yet very trusting of people. And she escaped into the neighbors yard the day we got her. She then flew from his yard to the horse pasture behind our house. We got lucky and were able to corral her before nighttime that night. Hopefully soon she wont be so skittish. Either way she has some beautiful coloring.

Back
Top Bottom