araucan, ameracauna, ee? Pullet or Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mdpfeifer, Aug 15, 2010.

1. mdpfeifer

mdpfeifer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2010
    Creston
    Hi,

I am totally new to the world of chickies and absolutely having a blast!! They are soo much fun. This is Arial. She (supposed to be a pullet) is 8 1/2 weeks old. I was told she is an Araucana however she obviously has a tail. She is definitely the dominant one and seems to enjoy herding everyone up, and is quite bossy, but very loveable. I also have 2 buff orpingtons and a light brahma for a total of 4 pullets. She is so different than the other girls that I am not sure if she is a pullet. She also has one blue leg and one green leg. Is this normal? Looking forward to your replies. Have a fantastic day everyone!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sweetpeaswan

Sweetpeaswan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2010
    Good Morninig!!! What a pretty girl, (looks like an EE to me. I have one just like it with two green legs)
    And what a nice coop area. I also believe her color is called Wheaton. I'm fairly new to this site,. and
    the folks are great, theres such a vast amount of knowledge and everyone wants to help. Happy
    chicken keeping:cd

3. sammileah

sammileah Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2009
    central ia
    look at the breed pages here. she (i hope) looks ameracauna to me, but the brred page has what it takes. there is also a website for ameracaunas. I have 3 EE's that only fell into that because of color. oh well still look cool

4. plantmgr

plantmgr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    What is an EE? I've been reading a lot of forums on the Ameraucana Breeder's site, and they toss out genetic letters like that too. I have 24 7 week old chicks that were supposed to be Ameraucana, but I have come to the conclusion that they are mixed Easter-eggers since they are all different colors and do not all have beards. They also talked about "willow" legs meaning something. Lots of terms that I didn't understand. I'm still having trouble figuring out if If I have some cockerels. They were all supposed to be pullets except one, but I'm thinking there are at least 4. I stare at their hackle feathers looking for pointy or round. I'm fascinated by this pullet picture on here with one blue leg and one green leg. I was guessing it was a buff Ameraucana, but Wheaten would make sense too.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Easter Egger! and yours is purdy!!! I love the white kinds

6. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Well It looks like an EE but I'd like for someone to tell you if they think Roo or not because I have a White or wheaten EE that is also 8 1/2 weeks old and they look very similar, min might have more of a grey look in the tail feathers.

7. mdpfeifer

mdpfeifer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2010
    Creston
    Thanks everyone for your replies so far. They are really appreciated. I also am looking forward to finding our for sure whether Arial is in fact a pullet or roo. She makes alot of trilling noises.....and all this being new to me I don't know if that means anything or not.

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Very very pretty easter egger pullet I think! [​IMG]

9. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    EE Pullet

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

EE pullet. REALLY pretty girl, too! That's really special about the two different colored legs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by