Araucana/Ameraucana, Olive eggers, Heirloom or Chocolate eggers in Florida, or the closest?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by karol00, Nov 27, 2016.

1. karol00

karol00 Just Hatched

Jun 29, 2016
    Hi there!
    I'm new to this site and the whole forum situation but wanted to give it a try :) !!
    I'm looking to purchase over 500 started pullets of mixed chickens. Want to start on my collection of easter eggs, olive, speckled green eggs, chocolate, etc...

I'm in Orlando and would love to visit any farms (IF there are any), if not, I will be happy with a good online website of a reputable farm where I can get my babies from. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Kara [​IMG]

2. newhenintown

newhenintown Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2016
    Hayden, Al
    Welcome to BYC! Go ahead and prepare yourself to be addicted lol. I don't have any pullets but hopefully someone will come along shortly that does. I do have EEs and theyre wonderful chickens! And 500? Wow lol

3. karol00

karol00 Just Hatched

Jun 29, 2016
    Thank you!! :)
    Yes, I know I might have to get a couple here and there, I just want to get a few good places and then scoop up batches of 50-75, that would be easier. We own a tiny ranch in South America and they are SO hard to find over there, it's very rare to see blue eggs down there, we are the only ones that have a few chickens... we can't export them from the US directly which is sad.

In the mean time I'm happy doing all the research I can, I want happy, healthy, chickens.

4. newhenintown

newhenintown Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2016
    Hayden, Al
    Well you have came to the right place. My flock is my first and my chickens are only 14 weeks old so im a newbie too. I've learned so much from experience but definitely tons from here.

EEs are definitely common here but believe it or not I've never seen a blue egg in person here either! Hoping a few of mine are hens and then ill finally see some. Im sure with you wanting 500 you'll have a layer of every color!

5. GabrielBane

GabrielBane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2016
    Jacksonville
    PM me, I can try and point you over to who I know locally. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by