1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Araucana and Ameraucana Chicks for Sale?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aj2624, May 5, 2009.

1. aj2624

aj2624 New Egg

May 5, 2009
    I've been looking to start a small flock of chickens. I see the hatcheries advertise araucana and ameraucana chicks, but according to the people on here they are just easter eggers. I'd like to start out right. I really enjoyed the easter eggers I've raised in the past and I want to raise a flock of actual araucanas now. What should I get? and where?

2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Well, it would probably be easier to find true Ameraucanas - they are "less rare" to my knowledge. I'd say your only hope is to find a breeder here on BYC and see if they have some eggs you can incubate.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi,

Steve Waters in WA State for Araucanas. You might also look at the Poultry Press and try the Araucana Club site.

God Bless,

4. aj2624

aj2624 New Egg

May 5, 2009
    Thanks for the ideas. When they say rare I guess they really are rare. [​IMG]

5. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    If you are interested in Ameraucanas (not Araucanas), you might visit the Ameraucana Breeders Club website. There are several breeders there who ship both chicks and eggs, though you might have to get on a waiting list. Several of these members are also members of this forum. . . myself included! (although I do not have any small chicks available this spring.)

Good luck!

http://www.ameraucana.org/index.html

6. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Quote:Where are you located?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by