Araucana Babies???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Summerlove, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Summerlove

Summerlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Are these araucana babies? Or EE? Any ideas what color they will be? They are 3 weeks old. There are 4 of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    The ones I see have tails and puffy cheeks so that would make them probable EE. THe best part about EEs is that they usually start out chipmunk chicks and can turn in to all sorts of variations on pretty. You'll have to wait to see what they will look like!

3. Summerlove

Feb 8, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    The suspense is killing me :p

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    cute little EEs, araucanas are rumpless and have tufts, not beards(muffs). Hard to tell what color they will end up, mostly likely something similar to partridge or wheaton.

5. Summerlove

Feb 8, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't know a whole lot about chicks... These guys were sold to me as araucana's but I will be totally happy with EE...Now have to wait and see what color they turn out and if I have some girlies :) Thanks guys!

6. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Very cute!!! I would love to see weekly pics to watch their change. I'm getting chicks this week and 4 are going to be EE's. I want to do a weekly photo of them to see what they look like as chicks until about 16 weeks old. LOVE EE's!!

7. Summerlove

Feb 8, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Here are a few photo's from today.. Also the chicks now have two mom's you can see the story here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/753769/two-hens-share-chicks
    [​IMG]I was thinking one on left is pullet one on right (patchy growth) roo?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Smallest chick patchy feathers roo?
    [​IMG]Pullet?
    [​IMG]Group photo (Original mom)
    Sorry photo's aren't the best they don't like to sit still for long :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by