1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ARAUCANA BREEDERS are these chicks Araucanas?PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 19hhbelgian, Sep 17, 2009.

1. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Ok, Found these little cuties for sale - advertised as true araucanas. I thought they were supposed to have slate legs? I'm confused [​IMG] Please help me, so I can tell the seller yeah or neigh! Thank You!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I don't know but they are too cute!!! [​IMG]

3. Gingersnap6

Gingersnap6 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2009
    Seven Valleys, PA
    They are adorable! I would get them anyway!

4. 19hhbelgian

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I know! I think they are, but I always thought the legs were supposed to be dark, so [​IMG]

5. 19hhbelgian

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I would but I'm doing my best to only keep what I intend to breed [​IMG] Plus, they aren't "cheep" - Sorry for the bad humor! [​IMG]

6. Gingersnap6

Gingersnap6 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2009
    Seven Valleys, PA
    It's a sickness! I have 37 chickens in my fence and 3 ducks and NOT ONE is what we were supposed to be getting!!!! Love em anyway!

7. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    no.....I do not see anything that looks like my Ameracauna..... or Easter Egger. Maybe they are al EASTER EGGERS.. Those are crossbreeds between Ameracaunas and any other chicken and they lay a variety of colors from white brown green or blue.

. #1 too early for me to guess...

#2 Australarp

#3 RIR

#4 Australarp

#5 Australarp

excuse the spelling... but you get my drift.

8. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    I purchased two "Americaunas" from two different feed stores and the Americauna experts on BYC said that I probably have Easter Eggers and that many feed stores are misinformed about the breed.

I would get them cuz they are cute but not for colored eggs at all. They will all prob lay light brown eggs

9. 19hhbelgian

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Yes well... Just figured out that the pics were stolen from a very good breeder 10 minutes from my house [​IMG] [​IMG] Went on their website to look at leg color, and realized the pics were the same as in the ad [​IMG] Already PM'd the breeder [​IMG]

Needless to say, no chickies for me!

10. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    what was number ONE on that website? Just curious

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by