Araucana Breeders ??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by poultrykeeper08, Feb 26, 2009.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Is there any breeders of araucana on here that sell chicks ? And ship them ? I am in Ma and i am looking to get some chicks in the spring . . Please i have the money . The last breeder told me shipping and i think it was 15 chicks would cost me around $130-$150 .If another breeder can give me that deal or close to it for good quality birds please let me know . I am trying so hard to get into this and it just seems so hard ! I have the worst luck with eggs being shipped . So please if any one has a list i can be put on please let me know . Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I know when I was cruising Anne Charles website (skyblueegg) I saw she sold chicks. Maybe you can e-mail her?

3. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Are you wanting LF or Bantam Araucanas? I have rumpless, occasionally tufted bantams. While I am hesitant to ship chicks, I should have some started stock available in the summer, I've been setting a LOT of eggs. As a matter of fact, it's time to plug in the 3rd incubator.[​IMG] And I hatched my first double tufted rumpless pullet a few months ago. I was thinking she was going to be a roo, but not. Most of what I'm hatching is in the AOV category, but very true to standard with the exception of the tufts so far in most cases.

4. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Im defffinitly interested in some started bantam chicks . What is your price for them ?

5. High Roost Ranch

Started would be $5-$10 each probably. $5 on clean faced, $10 on tufted. I just set a bunch of eggs this morning (set up the 3rd incubator) and I'll check fertility in 7 days. If I get enough developing, I might consider doing a day old chick shipment although I don't have a chick box here so would have to order one. My auto turner decided to quit working in this incubator so I'm hand turning this bunch and hope it doesn't affect development.[​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yeah, espically when rude people dont return PMs...very rude, to say the least....and they wont be getting any of my money! no way! [​IMG]

7. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    High Roost Ranch ill order a box ill do anything just let me know

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:yeah, you would think the elderly would have more manners...[​IMG]

9. High Roost Ranch

OK, I don't want to do anything until I check these eggs. Drop me a message in a week. With my luck, I'll loose this subject and not remember where I saw it at! [​IMG]

10. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Alrighty ill deff be sending you a message . Im keping my fingers crossed for those eggs [​IMG]

thanks again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by