Araucana Chick Naming! Pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Stacykins, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    So I need some help naming my araucana chicks! I have been waffling on names for a little while. I tend to enjoy "themes", which can be ANYTHING, from cities to pokemon, geography to geology. Yea, I love themes. Some of the sexes I am sure of, others not so much. I am also lost on some of the colors. Some of the colors are nonstandard for the breed, but they are ALL araucanas, their parents were tufted and rumpless examples of the breed, so they aren't EEs (WHEW, had to clear that up before I get a genetics lecture!). 10 out of 11 chicks from this hatch are pictured, the one who isn't pictured is a black, tufted chick of unknown sex.

Almost 100% certain this pretty black chick is a boy! Chick 1
    [​IMG]

Side view of same boy
    [​IMG]

This rusty chick is also a boy. What is this color called? This one has already crowed for me! Chick 2
    [​IMG]

Boy maybe, not sure Chick 3
    [​IMG]

Another mystery color to me! Chick 4
    [​IMG]

I am thinking "Fluffytuft" may actually be a lady now! I was thinking this chick was a boy. Time will tell. Chick 5
    [​IMG]

Definitely a little girl! She is the smallest of the bunch. Chick 6
    [​IMG]

What color is this girlie? Ginger? Chick 7
    [​IMG]

This one's sex and color is a mystery too, heh. Chick 8
    [​IMG]

This is definitely a splash boy and my favorite! He is so CHILL. As you can tell, he wasn't bothered in the least by picture time, and continued his nap! Chick 9
    [​IMG]

Little blue tufted girl looking quite fluffy. Chick 10
    [​IMG]

2. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

chick #1 "Captain Jack"

3. Bianca67

Bianca67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2011
    Cedar Springs, MI
    They are all so beautiful! Chick 6 looks like Fancy to me.

4. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    1. Captain Jack Sparrow
    2. William Turner
    3. Elizabeth Swan
    4. Captain Barbossa
    5. Mistress Ching
    6. Giselle
    7. Tia Dalma
    8. Mr. Gibbs
    9. Davy Jones
    10. Scarlett

5. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Hey Stacy, I am not great with names ( mine are all named after movie stars or egyptian kings, princess and princes) but birds 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6, I am pretty sure came out of the eggs you got from me. 1 and 5 would be out of my birchen and black pen. I have quite a few running around that look like that. 3 and 6 would be out of my white and barred pen, and # 5 is out of my ginger pen, he will be a blue brested red sort of. I have lots of each of those chicks so I totally recognized them, plus the body shape looks like what I get. I am super thrilled and totally jealous that you got so many tufts. Congrats. You rock at hatching.

Girl # 7 is a black breasted red pullet.

Lanae

6. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    What kind of personalities do they have? Describe each one with a word and I can find you a name to match! [​IMG]

7. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Ohh, Pirates of the Caribbean! That reminds me, I should probably see the 4th movie sometime! Arg naming is so hard, I am so bad at it *flails*

Quote:I totally wish I'd labeled who came from you as they hatched! I think the blue tufted one is from you too, if I remember right. I should have put on leg bands as they popped out of the eggs! Thank you so much for selling hatching eggs, gives people like me a great chance to get started in a breed!

8. babygirl5719

babygirl5719 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Kansas City
    very cute!

9. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I need a name too for my aranucana I would like a cute girl name

10. I think six should be owlet,7ginger,10 blue,and 5 midnight. Hope you like them

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by