Araucana coughing and sneezing

allenandemily

In the Brooder
May 13, 2022
WI
A little over a week ago, my favorite chicken started developing an odd coughing/sneezing sound and now sounds like the human equivalent of having a sore throat. She is not acting like she is sick and is still laying eggs at her normal rate. I've done 4 days of VetRX as well as added probiotics and electrolytes to her water. Tomorrow I am starting an every other day regimen of 1/2 cc of LA-200. I'm really hoping for a speedy recovery!

Any theories on what might be going on with her or more importantly what caused this? Video with sound here: https://youtube.com/shorts/XYcOhmln2PA

she might have gape worm. its where there are worms in the chickens throat. those are symtoms. but then again it is pretty rare so i suggest doing more research before (and if) you medicate her! god bless ❤

she might have gape worm. its where there are worms in the chickens throat. those are symtoms. but then again it is pretty rare so i suggest doing more research before (and if) you medicate her! god bless ❤
Thanks! That's a good pointer. While not exactly the same, our sheep recently had a bad case of worms so there is a precedence for that happening on our homestead. Our chickens free range so there are plenty of opportunities to pick up gape worms. More for me to look into. Appreciate the advice!

Back
Top Bottom