Araucana eBay Listing With STOLEN Photos

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Stacykins, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Anyone who is interested in Araucanas needs to know that there is currently a listing on eBay that is using my stolen photos. The instant a person takes a picture, the image is their property. So all these pictures everyone is posting to BYC? Those are your property if you took them, and nobody can use them without your permission. I put it here in breeders, since some folks might come here looking for Araucana breeders! If there is a better section for those, let me know!

I have already contacted eBay on the matter, since they have a specific route to contact them for copyright infringement. But I want everyone here to know. The pictures in the listing are not accurately representing what is being sold. How could they? Those aren't actual images of the parents of the eggs for sale (wow that did not type well).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I obviously have the original photo files, so I can easily prove those images are mine and mine alone! Actually, I might see if the exif data of those images can tell me where they were stolen from.

2. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Thanks for the warning.

I'd suggest you edit your pictures so your email isn't showing unless you routinely hand that out all over the place. I'm a bit more private but you might not be. Also, Adblocker... Awesome app! I use Adblocker Plus after crappy ads on this site and others endangered my computer via malware. Not worth it.

I routinely report ads for using fake photos on Gumtree, mainly sheep and poultry. I've asked some ad-owners directly why they're using photographs that don't belong to them but no reply, unsurprisingly enough.

This site has some fine print about photos, gives them rights to use your photos without reimbursement to you, but doesn't mean just anyone can use them.

Best wishes and good luck in getting some justice.

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I don't mind too much. Folks email me about birds and goats, that isn't my main email, just my farm one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by