Araucana/ EE pullet or cockerel **Updated with new pics**

At this point, it looks like Flag is getting a single comb. It's really small and hard to tell yet. That and Flag is very shy. The EE roo I lost had a pea comb and it was red by the time he was Flag's age. Flags comb is rather orange. No red yet.

I'm finding it harder to tell with a rumpless bird.

It can... Many EEs have pea combs, boys and girls. What I've heard and tried before, is that if the comb has three raised "rows" and is red then it might be a boy.

You said Flag was rumpless? That indicates Araucana or Araucana cross not EE. Maybe a duckwing pullet.

Lanae

Today I'm leaning towards pullet b/c of the round feathers coming in along Flag's rear. She/he wasn't putting up with pictures this morning, but I did what I could. I have 3 chickens I got about the same time as Flag, I'm pretty sure the BO (in the 3rd pic) and frizzled EE are both pullets and Flag is about the same size as them. The Marans cockerel who is the same age is almost twice as big and just started crowing.

I'm still hoping girl.
smile.png

Flag008.jpg

Flag005.jpg

Flag003.jpg

Flag001.jpg

Here are some new Flag pictures. I really think Flag is a girl now, but she has been the hardest to sex. All the birds pictured are about 12 weeks old now.

035-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

023.jpg

My cockerel, Sliver, seems to think Flag is a girl too...

029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom