Araucana Egg Color Question

Araucana Nest

FreeBird
Aug 14, 2020
North Central Florida
I know brown eggs are a fault and I don't want brown egg layers or roos from brown eggs in my flock. I have seen the flock from which my eggs came and this is my second purchase from this breeder. I purchased six eggs this time and three of them aren't obviously blue in color. They are like a cream color. Of the five eggs that have made it thus far, three eggs have pipped. Two of them are this cream color which may be described in other terms, I guess, but not as brown or any shade of brown (I have many brown egg layers and this is not a shade they lay). My question is whether, this late in the season, the hens could actually just not be laying blue, blue eggs?

I know brown eggs are a fault and I don't want brown egg layers or roos from brown eggs in my flock. I have seen the flock from which my eggs came and this is my second purchase from this breeder. I purchased six eggs this time and three of them aren't obviously blue in color. They are like a cream color. Of the five eggs that have made it thus far, three eggs have pipped. Two of them are this cream color which may be described in other terms, I guess, but not as brown or any shade of brown (I have many brown egg layers and this is not a shade they lay). My question is whether, this late in the season, the hens could actually just not be laying blue, blue eggs?
Egg color doesn't change. They would still be laying blue eggs

Back
Top Bottom