ChickieKeeta

C'mon C'mere Fluffa Feathers
14 Years
Feb 16, 2009
Cumberland County NJ
Rumpless with muffs & beard

23079_img_2489.jpg

23079_img_2470.jpg

Tailed with how many tufts??? A tufted neck/chest?

23079_img_2477.jpg

23079_img_2475.jpg

23079_img_2463.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a combo.

So the roo has 3 tufts!!! wow and I struggle to just get 2 lol

Alabaster and the EE sure make pretty chicks.

and the muffed and bearded rumpless pullet is adorable what pretty coloring too! I cant wait to see the color of her egg!

wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
its so funny. I wonder if breeding a 3 tufted bird to a 1 tufted bird would yeild bilaterial tufts.

I also wonder if maybe some of the eggs did not hatch because of the lethal gene, maybe alabaster throws lo0ts of tufts because I know of many other chicks he sired that has them, but none that I know of that has 3.

you should put 3 tufts in the title and see what the araucana people have to say
big_smile.png

ChickieKeeta,
I posted a picture of my triple tufted rumpless Araucana rooster(silver birchen) on one of my posts. His goatee is not as pronounced as yours since he doesn't have muffs and beards. There was an old breed called a Siberian Tufted which bred triple tufted but had a tail. Picture of such a bird is in the rare book published by David Caudhill. Good luck, you should be able to establish this trait easily since it looks like you have two(a pair) of these. My male did not produce any chicks with triple tufts yet at this time(1 yr breeding). Harry

Quote:
so both have muffs and beards and one has muffs and a beard and 3 tufts? and if bred together there is a chance to make more that is very cool
smile.png

Harry,

Thank you so much for your informative reply. I will be searching for that book & what other info I can find. I don't know much about genetics & breeding for specific traits but it could be fun to learn & experiment.

Good luck with your breeding ventures!

Karen

Wow, that is a neat looking bird. I'm not sure it has 3 tufts tho. I only see 2, one on the right and one on the neck area. The rest I believe would be muffs/beard. Do you know if it has the fingerlike appendages on the left side at all? I don't see tufting coming out of that side, so am curious if the muffs are just hiding a smaller tuft. That face is so cute. It would be interesting to see it's offspring and if he throws more like this.

Back
Top Bottom