1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Araucana layers wanted!!! I live in Ontario...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kntrgrl, Jan 31, 2011.

1. kntrgrl

kntrgrl New Egg

Jan 25, 2011
    I would love to have some of these birds and am having such trouble finding them in Ontario. I will drive for hours to get them!!! Any info would be sooooo helpful!!!

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Wish you were closer. I have a pair for sale but Canada is a bit far!

3. Jane Jill Jack

Jane Jill Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    I think EEs are a little easier to find. Most lay a sky blue egg too. Maybe you can try them instead.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I think the OP wants an Araucana. . . There's a difference between having a rumpless, tufted, long-lived, good producing, very good foraging bird with a guaranteed good blue or blue-green egg than an Easter Egger that looks like everyone else's and may possibly lay green or brown eggs.

No offense to the EE's, I have some myself, but Araucanas are especially rare and unique. [​IMG]

As for your location, I believe a user on here named cluckcluck42 has Araucanas, but I'm not sure. They're from Canada too. Otherwise, I think Araucanas are pretty rare over there.

5. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Search the internet for araucana the main roost. They are in canada. They may have some for sale.

Lanae

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by