Araucana or EE???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kodiakchicken, Jun 15, 2008.

1. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I don't have a picture to post right now, but hopefully my description will be sufficient.

I ordered my first chicks and one of them was sold as an Araucana. I had posted on another thread that I thought she wasn't at all but was just an EE. However, now I'm confused. She is around 6-7 weeks old and is starting to get very defined ear tufts. The curl outward and toward the top of her head, just like all the Araucana pics I've seen. However, she is NOT rumpless, instead having very well defined tail feathers. She's got the green legs though, and her coloring is kind of hawkish, with a golden head and laced golden/black body feathers.

Is she just an EE with Araucana throwback genes? No sign of a muff, like the Americaunasa get.

I love her regardless, but I'm very curious now.

2. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Most likely she is an EE. If you got her from a hatchery then I would say for sure and EE but if you got her from a breeder that would be a different story all together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by