Araucana Pair - Large Fowl - Clean Faced and Rumpless

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by smoothmule, Nov 14, 2010.

1. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    These are a couple of the Araucana's I picked up from a breeder that were in pretty poor condition when I got them. They are around 6 months old now. They are both clean faced and rumpless, the cockerels name is Macho. He's a substantially built fella and will just get nicer. He's got a real nice comb and his wing set is very good. Blot is the pullet, she's still got some feathering to come back in on her back but she is rumpless. Since I've had them home, I've wormed them twice with panacur, treated with ivermectin pour on in case they had some bugs, given them a good diet and added vitamins and probiotics. They really improved quickly and are a nice pair but won't work with the other colors in my flock at this time. I know how hard it was to find LF Araucana's to buy so I hope this helps a new breeder out. Obviously not show quality but they definitely have some good qualities to get started.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Here is a photo of the pullet. I can take more photo's if requested
    [​IMG]

2. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Do you have a picture of the roo?

3. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    He's the one in the small pic above. They were just sold today though, sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by