Araucana Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by xfactor973, Jul 25, 2010.

1. xfactor973

xfactor973 New Egg

May 23, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

We have a rooster here that needs a home. He's aprox 9 months old. He was raised from when he was 1 week old and given the best possible care, feeding and love. He is rumpless. We're sad to see him go but we bought straight run chickens and ended up with 2 by accident. We're not sure if he's a purebred or not. I'm willing to pay for half of the shipping if you are far away from us. He's currently living outside of Philadelphia.

Thanks,
    Chris

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Do you know what shipping to 76561 would be?

3. xfactor973

xfactor973 New Egg

May 23, 2010
    That's a good question. It looks like the shipping box online is $10 and then I would need to get a quote at the post office for his weight plus a few apples or grapes for the trip. Can I get back to you on that?

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Yea that is fine. Do you happen to have any other pictures of him? Just curious, but where/whom did you buy him from?

5. xfactor973

xfactor973 New Egg

May 23, 2010
    Hi Havi,

We bought him from a local breeder in the area. Yes, I found 2 other pictures of him. One is my wife holding him and the other was from when he was a little younger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. xfactor973

xfactor973 New Egg

May 23, 2010
    Hi Havi,

Best I can guess is the shipping would be near $100. I've never shipped a chicken before so I'm new at this but I'm just guessing from the shipping weight numbers on usps.com. Have you purchased any other chickens via the mail, does this sound right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by