Araucana......

ella1989

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 28, 2010
Please help me i honestly have no idea weather these black araucanas are boys or girls they are about 11 weeks old
72799_p1000969.jpg

72799_p1000968.jpg

72799_p1000967.jpg

72799_p1000966.jpg

Thank you!

I would say I'm mostly guessing, but pretty sure of my "guess" - The photos don't show much, but from what I see they have too small and pale of combs, too normal of tails, no hackle or saddle development at this age to be cockerels.

If you look at their backs, in the middle, if there are no obvious green-sheening triangular feathers coming out, and if they don't have reddened faces or combs, they're certainly girls.

It doesn't look like this thread is all that active, but since the 4 chicks I just bought were labeled as full bred 'araucana' chicks I'd see what the backyard experts think of my first ever flock
big_smile.png
. The lightest colored one almost looks like it has a chipmunk coloring pattern on its back. I'll try to get a better picture of their backsides as soon as my phone will load them to my FB account. Do they look like araucana's or anything even similar? I know it's hard to see their puffy little cheeks.

It doesn't look like this thread is all that active, but since the 4 chicks I just bought were labeled as full bred 'araucana' chicks I'd see what the backyard experts think of my first ever flock
big_smile.png
. The lightest colored one almost looks like it has a chipmunk coloring pattern on its back. I'll try to get a better picture of their backsides as soon as my phone will load them to my FB account. Do they look like araucana's or anything even similar? I know it's hard to see their puffy little cheeks.

4 ARE RIR CHICKS THE OTHER 4 ARE AMERICANAS IS THIS THE "CHIPMUNK" PATTERN YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT? SOMEONE DROPPED THESE OFF ON MY DOORSTEP 2 DAYS AGO. 2 WERE DEAD 8 WERE ALIVE :( AS FOR THE BLACK CHICKENS I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN ANY AMERICANA ARAUCANA OR EE LOOK LIKE THAT LOL

ALL the chicks and hens I see on this thread are not Araucanas, they're Easter Eggers/mutts . . . . Except for the first black ones posted by the OP. Because in their country, Araucanas are different.

Back
Top Bottom