1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Araucanas vs Ameraucanas vs easter eggs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Amastacia, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Amastacia

Amastacia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    SW Michigan
    i'm sure there is already a decent explanation of this here somewhere, but i'm having a hard time finding it, so i'm going to ask again. what is the differences between the three blue/green egg laying breeds (or are there more that i don't know of?). i have some info already. it is my understanding that Araucanas in the US and the UK differ slightly, i think US are all rumpless whereas UK can be either? EEs are pretty much any mutt bird that lays blue/green eggs? so what about the ameraucanas? and what are the other differences?

thanks.

2. Amastacia

Amastacia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    SW Michigan
    that you so much, that is exactly what i was looking for.

not that i ever suspected my three of being anything else, they are definitely EEs. however, now i want some of both the actual breeds. must repeat to myself, not getting any more chicks this year, not getting any more this year. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by