Araucanas.... Who has 'em..

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by heritagebirds, Apr 13, 2009.

1. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    There is an online show, but there haven't been alot of people posting... Just curious. I have three pairs...banties

2. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are two of my hens...

3. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Nobody?

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have had to get rid of a lot of my photos since I have added so many photos of my tractors and i am still building a web site for my birds.
    Below is my most handsome roo, Double Tuft Blue.
    [​IMG]

And a photo of my nice big white boy, Number 2. He was growing his tufts back here but now they are nice and large.
    [​IMG]

And here he is with one of his ladies....
    [​IMG]

Maybe I will get my web page finished soon. I have quite a few photos of my 3 roos and all their hens plus the chicks we have raised. All of my Araucanas are rumpless and about half of them are tufted. They are gorgeous birds but I really am after the bluest of eggs. I also have a project of Easter Eggers going for that reason. Incidentally, my EE roo, Aristotle, has the best comb over my 3 Araucana roos.

5. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Wow, great pix! I have a hen that I thought was blue/buff, but I'm not sure...she looks alot lighter than your double tufted blue

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by