Archery anyone?

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
I have a compound bow with a 65lb draw back weight.
Anyone else here do archery for fun, sport, competition, or bow hunting?

Its just so relaxing!

I use to did when I was a kid, my dad does he goes to still board shoots all the time. I have a few trophies at my parents house from when I was a kid, now I don't have time and they don't have anything like that where we live.

I have a 70lb draw recurve all the way down to a 50lb recurve, I love to hunt. One of these days I'm gonna hunt an elk, but I aint yet! Thats my dream hunt right there!

Hi,

I have hunted Big Game exclusively with a bow for 30+ years. I used to shoot a lot of indoor and outdoor tournaments and such. Unfortunately there is no place close by to do that anymore.

And to be honest, if you truly want to spend a lot of time shooting the bow - don't buy chickens!

You can see some pictures of me and archery on my website.

God Bless,

I have a compound bow but it is only 25lb. Since I am lefthanded and only paid $3, I am not complaining
big_smile.png

I need some hay bales so I can start practicing again.

This season will be my 6th year (bow) elk hunting.
I have a 65lb limit compound Diamond (by Bowtech) bow.
I have yet to take an elk, but my Dad & uncle BOTH took bulls, on the SAME DAY last season! (that was one heck of a busy day!!) And another guy in our hunting party took a cow the week before.
So we have plenty of meat.
I am not too overly concerned about getting one myself, I just LOVE the excuse to go walk & sit in the beautiful Oregon woods for a month every year.
We have permision to hunt private land 10 minutes from my house, so we get the a access of 'Elk Camp' with the comforts of coming home and showering every night.
It was great when I was breastfeeding my daughter too, I nursed right before I left, and sometimes DH would bring DD out to the private land for a fill up, then I went back to my hunt.
It was awesome!
DH doesn't hunt, so I have a happy, built-in babysitter when I hunt.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I can imagine very well how busy of a day that was. The last elk I took was 4 or 5 years ago. Shot the biggest of four cows that ran up on us - FIVE miles from the nearest road!

I had to spend the night with her as the guy I was with (it was HIS idea to go that far into the wilderness) didn't make it back until the next morning with the meat packs. Took us two full round trips and that was only because another guy came by and said he'd give us a hand. I was 45 or so at the time.

Believe me, I won't do that again. I never travel more than 2-3 miles from the nearest road now. I know what the pro's say but I just don't have it in me to go any further than that now.

God Bless,

Any one know anything about the Diamond bow. I am helping my boy safe his money so that he can get a new bow. Hoyt dont make the Reflex anymore so in which he wanted because that is what dad has.

There a nice shooting bow we have shot them at the store but not sure of the dependablity.
My son is 15 and is a ox for his age his buddies dad call him hillbilly strong....lol

Not sure on the poundage to put him on but this bow will last him for years I hope.

Thank you

Myself, DH and my DD hunt with compound bows. My DH shots a Matthews, mine is a Hoyt ZR200 and my DD has a Diamond by Bow Tec. We all love to bow hunt. It is quite relaxing to watch nature at it's best. I was so excited last fall when for the first time in 20 yrs. my DH and I shot our bucks on the same day so we got our picture taken together. My DD is still waiting to get one with a bow. She has taken them with a gun, but wants to do it now with a bow because that is all mom hunts with. My dream is to go on an elk hunt, DD is a moose hunt. My kids have been raised on vension, the only beef we had were some steaks once in a while. We never had to worry about the meat scares and recalls over the years. It's been a wonderful family thing.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom