1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are all my Eggs BAD? Help!!!! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by artathart, Apr 3, 2011.

1. artathart

artathart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Some of you may know that I had some temp issues but worked them out early on. Today was day 4 and I candled my eggs. I know it was early but I found this link which showed what they would look like at day4-5 which is where I am. Please, NONE of my eggs look like these. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261876

Here
    are my eggs. Photos are horrible because I had no flash and they are blurry. All the eggs seem to have the same blig blob in the center or at the end of the egg that moves when you move the egg. No veins or anything. Please look and tell me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I do have ONE egg that has a little black dot in it......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One is clearly cracked, should I remove it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    I think I see veins in the first and third pictures. I'd give them a while yet and see what happens.

3. MountainChickenMama

MountainChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mine looked like that this morning and last night and when I just checked them, I had veins in 2 out of my 3 Americauna eggs that I can see in AND i saw a tiny little heartbeat in one of them....so, my advice is unfortunately be patient, and check them again in the morning, cause in 10 or so hours, mine changed drastically....

Also, try candling from the side (with the pointy end down), this is what helped me to see the tiny little veins....

Let me know how it goes...this is my first hatch, so I am not much help, but I just went through this earlier today and last night, LOL

4. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:What you are seeing in the first picture is Writing on the shell that Says "Mystery".

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Leave them in and candle at Day 10 or later. Several factors can slow development.

6. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:They are candled from the side :-(

7. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Agreed. It is really too soon to tell. Don't give up yet!!!

8. MountainChickenMama

MountainChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Bummer, just give them more time....I was feeling the same way last night and ALL day today, I know how ya feel.....If you can, try not to candle for another few days, but that is hard to do, I know, i can't even follow my own directions, LOL

9. madrooster

madrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    villa rica ,ga
    x2 on waiting until day 10

10. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Quote:X3...I never candle until day 10.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by