Are all of you freezing? Nobody dying of heatstroke?? :O

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by magicpigeon, Feb 4, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Argh, all you people are making me feel even hotter [​IMG]
    All the talk about snow, which I've never seen in real life before, lol I'm so jealous.
    So, just to tell you about the temps here:

We were at 43 on tuesday, 41 wednesday, 39 thursday, 40 friday and on Saturday it's predicted to go to 41!!! [​IMG] Now I want to go to America, or Antarctica or somewhere where it's ACTUALLY possible to die of hypothermia. That's howmuch cold I need right now to sleep comfortably [​IMG]

[​IMG] < OH EMM JEE I'M BOOOIIILLLINGGGGGG...>

ETA to add the temps in F:

39 c = 102.2 f
    40 c = 104 f
    41 c = 105.8 f
    43 c = 109.4 f

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Oh my I would let you come stay here. It is nearly 50 F at the moment. I have the snow just up the hill from me. Have you had any troubles yet with the storm that was heading into the Gold Coast? That looked like one great big scary storm.

3. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    You are in Summer right now!! [​IMG]

Funny how that works! We are having a record breaking cold spell here in the Southwestern Deserts of the USA!!

I should bottle some of this cold to use in our summer time!! [​IMG]

It was so cold this morning, when I got up water in the coop was frozen! When I took the waterer back after putting some warm water in it, my sort of moist fingers were wanting to stick to the metal handle on the gate to the chicken run!

That is a first! [​IMG]

Here is a snow ball for you!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    It sure has cooled down here in Melbourne tonight. With a huge storm front heading in- I am still preferring this than the terrible snow storms over in the USA at the moment.

It got up to 39.5 degrees in front of the fan at work the other day- but a cool change came through right about the time I was about to go tell the boss I was was going home.

We sure have had some crazy weather here in OZ over the last few days- hope the heat doesnt last too much tonger up there for you magicpigeon

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Well, I have been complaining about all our snow. Our bullmastiff mix is up to her armpits in it when outside. But I guess it's still better than 109! Blech! On the up side, snow is really pretty as long as you don't have to go anywhere!

7. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    My chickens are making that exact same face right now. They're not even SITTING on their eggs anymore. The weather is like a perfect incubator, except the humidity is still too high. [​IMG]

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG]

I'm on the far north end of the north hemisphere, up against a coastline, and have NO SNOW and it is NOT FREEZING. [​IMG]

It's raining here and 50 degrees F out here. [​IMG]

9. RThomas

RThomas Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Hehe, I initially didn't see you had added the conversion chart and was going to recommend you clarify that those temps were in celcius. Was sure people would start asking why you were complaining about temps only being in the "40's". [​IMG]

10. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:lol, i know! I've gotten too many weird looks before after forgetting to type after the sentence " (CELSIUS) " [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by