Are all these Buff Orpington's rooster's?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MollySunshine, Sep 22, 2016.

1. MollySunshine

MollySunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2016
    Rhode Island
    I think all of these Buff's are male but at times they confuse me. There are at least 2 that the boys will mount but they all mount my pullets. I also included one of my RIR's that to me looks like a male but the boys will also mount. But "he" mounts my girls....My intentions were to post it more scientifically with numbers attached to each, perhaps numbers written on their toes. I'm a nerd that way, it's my training[​IMG] This way I know who the cast of characters are. I am missing one....the flash didn't go off. I was limited on time since the boys were beginning to enter the coop for the night. If all goes well, the bachelor pad will be completed this weekend and it's moving day for the boys! I don't want to mistakenly send a pullet out there. I know 2 of my RIR pullets have rather large combs and waddles. I already mistook them for males. I hope I am not mistaking this one too.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HopieGirl4Ever

HopieGirl4Ever The Chook Artist

Oct 23, 2014
    At my Desk
    All the birds pictured are males [​IMG]

3. MollySunshine

Jul 13, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions! These pesky boys....

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    all cockerels - so sorry [​IMG]

5. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    all males

6. MollySunshine

Jul 13, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Oh no, don't be sorry. I love my boys! That is why I am trying everything (bachelor pad) to make them work within my flock. They just aren't gentlemanly with the girls right now.

Thanks to all that have confirmed my suspicions. It must be a dominance thing that is happening. I will devise a plan that will keep the less domineering roo's separate from the more dominant. I cannot wait until their hormones stop getting the best of them....currently, they just can't help themselves!

I was thinking this morning that those of you that have been doing this for a long time and much more knowledgeable than I, may already know the final episode of this chapter. Poor naive me....but I won't give up on the boys just yet. Especially Sir Romeo. He's not going anywhere, regardless!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by