Are Ancona eggs brown?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Camelot Farms, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I think my Ancona may be laying but i have been tricked before...lol.

My mixed breed duck eggs are large and white, these are brown.

My chickens and ducks roam together so I dont know if its a small duck egg or a large chicken egg...lol

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    anconas lay white if i remember correctly i had one hen lay like a blue million of them and i think they are right kswaterfowl bought them you should ask him for sure

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ancona [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you sell eggs let me know [​IMG] The only Ancona anything I can find are ducklings fro $20 and drakes fro $50

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    when i bought mine i got 8 for 25 and i sold a pair for like 35 but im pretty sure they sould have a white egg!

5. LittleSquidgenHome

LittleSquidgenHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Michiana
    I have Ancona ducks! Well one of mine lays white, one lays a kinda speckly grey-ish color, and one lays cream. And my babies just started laying this week, and so far I have a cream, 2 white and one that is kinda blue, of course these are first time eggs so who knows what those will look like in a month, and I still have 5 to start laying yet. I haven't seen any brown eggs out of my ladies, but that doesnt mean they don't make them.

Goat_Walker, we will talk in the spring, eggs for sure, if I can get the bator up this winter, maybe day olds too!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  6. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Anconas lay white eggs.

White earlobes = white eggs
    Red earlobes = brown eggs with the exception of EE, ameraucana, and araucana which lay tinted eggs.

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Im in Love [​IMG]

THANK YOU!! Just let me know when you plan on selling so I can make sure there is room in the bator. Ill PM you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by