Are any of you watching "Cranford" on PBS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willkatdawson, Aug 31, 2009.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I love it. All the manners and pomp of the 1840 all wrapped up in the small British town or Cranford. I've watched it before and I never grow tired of seeing how the lives of the towns people connect and evolve. It's already started on PBS but it can be seen anytime on youtube. It's a great rainy evening mini-series

2. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just placed an order for it at the library. I'm number 4 on the waitlist and they have 14 copies. Hopefully, it will be in by the time I have finished my ruth rendell mysteries and murdoch mysteries this week.

3. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    OWN it! We're already watched it 5 x. (Plus we've watched Sue Birtwhistle's "Pride and Prejudice" about 35 times--my dd, has watched it OVER 50 times.)

My family has decided that Cranford is the ONLY story we know that has no villain.

Did you know that that Philip Glenister ("Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes" among all of the other pieces in his resume) really wanted to star in this?
    BTW, this stuff gets shown in America in THIS order:
    BBC America
    A & E
    then, if you're lucky
    PBS

I used to watch EVERYTHING on PBS, but it's nice now not to have wait or be pummled with money begging on a station that we already pay for with our taxes. Rant!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by