Are backyard chickens legal in the city of Frederick, Maryland?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by AlexanderInFrederick, Sep 23, 2010.

1. AlexanderInFrederick

AlexanderInFrederick New Egg

Sep 23, 2010
    Now that I have a home with a fenced back yard, I'd love to have two or three hens! I'm having trouble finding the municipal code for Frederick City and Frederick County... even on the Municode.com site (found elsewhere on this site), Frederick isn't listed... many other cities are, but not Frederick. Help please!

2. sesa

sesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    I don't know about in the city limits but I know a cop that has about 50 rabbits in his backyard in Fredericktown Village.

3. doubleostud

doubleostud Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Just call the local animal control or animal welfare department if there is one, if not call the city attorney and they should be able to tell you.

4. MHF

MHF Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Durham, NC
  5. Carolyn252

Carolyn252 Mother of Chickens

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    A lot of places have thie own websites and to not use municode. Quite frankly, I dislike municode, and will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid it.

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome neighbor, you live around 40 minutes from me [​IMG] I live in Waynesboro, PA. I know there is a Frederick Poultry Show every fall, and a Poultry Club as well. I'm pretty surechickens are legal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by