Are cassowary eggs available for sale anywhere?

jsvand5

Songster
14 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Ocala, FL
They are easily my favorite bird and I would love to have a chance to raise them. Just curious if anyone has ever seen hatching eggs or young birds available?

no, and probably with VERY good reason. Cassowaries are EXTREMELY high strung, very nervous birds with the ability to disembowel an adult human with one stroke of those incredibly long and strong legs. JMO, but I don't think they belong in the care of individuals or outside a VERY protective, controlled environment (for their own protection as well as the protection of the prospective keeper) .

"They are easily my favorite bird and I would love to have a chance to raise them. Just curious if anyone has ever seen hatching eggs or young birds available"?

I saw some young birds for sale on Oceanside in San Diego on Craigs list 2 days ago. I couldn't believe it. They may sell eggs in the season. However, I saw some up close in Australia this year, and HECK, I would not like to be on the bad side of one of those guys.

Quote:
Explain that to the family here in Utah that found one in their backyard. It had escaped and ended up in their yard. The owner didn't want to move it for a couple of days incase it was injured. They weren't even worried and let him. If I found a cassowary in my backyard, I'm pretty sure I'd crap my pants.
th.gif

I came across your post online, and wanted to reply to you. I sometimes have Shells for $100 each.

Joel

Last edited:
Cassowaries (?) are very dangerous birds....I lived in Papua New Guinea for 5 years when I was very young and they were part of the flora and fauna.

People died quite often from them (and many other things in the jungle). It was like living with dinosaurs walking around and it was a good chance that you might not make it home from school each day...and yes my parents STILL made us walk to and from school. We used to carry big sticks!

It is CRAZY for me to think people actually have them here...

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing a Cassowary egg shell. Should you have one available would you please let me know?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom