Are Chickens alright with car rides???

Differentiation

Chirping
Oct 1, 2017
So all three of my bantams are suffering from coryza and the nearest vet who can provide with treatment is over an hours drive away. Im nervous about taking them because I know for sure that they'll be nervous the whole ride. And considering its an hour back, It'll be a long drive. I dont know how I'll provide with food and water along the way and how do I get them to be calm. This is the first time they'll be in a car. Does anyone have any advice?

So all three of my bantams are suffering from coryza and the nearest vet who can provide with treatment is over an hours drive away. Im nervous about taking them because I know for sure that they'll be nervous the whole ride. And considering its an hour back, It'll be a long drive. I dont know how I'll provide with food and water along the way and how do I get them to be calm. This is the first time they'll be in a car. Does anyone have any advice?

The closest Vet that will see chickens here is an hour plus away. Olivia needed to go in, early Summer. I put pine shavings on the bottom of the cat carrier (actually sized for a small dog), put her in, provided a small dish of water, covered the carrier with a lightweight dark colored cloth. She traveled well, didn't touch the water, didn't make a peep either way. I was more concerned about the heat that day than anything else.
Being in a darkened carrier helped, don't they all go into "sleep mode" when it's dusky/dark?.
With your Bantams, they'll also have each other. Don't be anxious, all will be well.

The closest Vet that will see chickens here is an hour plus away. Olivia needed to go in, early Summer. I put pine shavings on the bottom of the cat carrier (actually sized for a small dog), put her in, provided a small dish of water, covered the carrier with a lightweight dark colored cloth. She traveled well, didn't touch the water, didn't make a peep either way. I was more concerned about the heat that day than anything else.
Being in a darkened carrier helped, don't they all go into "sleep mode" when it's dusky/dark?.
With your Bantams, they'll also have each other. Don't be anxious, all will be well.
Thanks for the encouragement:)

Back
Top Bottom