Are chickens contagious?

RobotChicken

Chicken TV Addict
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
Colorado Baby!
So having backyard chickens is not a weird thing to me, pretty normal just to have chickens around.

Well ever since our city council changed the laws and allowed chickens I've gotten mine and shown them off to my friends.

Well now I have several other people seriously thinking about getting chickens, at first they thought I was crazy, or weird, or actually more of both. But after awhile people kinda come around to the idea, I think for some people its almost like a perverse thought, forbidden, taboo, which makes it appealing.........

I swear, chickens are contagious!

yes! chickens are contagious! Good for you for contaminating!
thumbsup.gif

Please, feel free to enable as many as you can. You are doing the right thing. Spread the word and let all know just how much fun and how interesting a group of chickens can be. I sure have learned a whole lot just in the 10 months I have had chickens.

I have pointed several people here, I don't ever if they ever made it.

Its funny, because in addition to BYC I also post on several Jeep forums, so when I made a post about chickens on the Jeep forum people looked at me pretty funny.

Now I have several of them thinking about chickens.

It seems a bit more like a conversion than a disease...you just have to share your new-found fervor and share the eggy good news with your friends and family to the point that they thing you've joined a cult or something.

Definition of a cult:
Controls your relationships, money, and future.

Hmmm
Neighbors love/hate us (eggs or roosters)
Money? ha! feed, bedding, etc.
Future? Vacation? Gotta find someone to watch the chickens...

Yup, but some seem to be inoculated against it.
Others are fighting a losing battle. My mom for instance.
She gets farm fresh eggs from a family friend who has a large flock. And then she has me who calls her nearly daily to tell her chicken stories.
I dont know how it is she doesnt have a yard full yet.

Frenchhan- goodness I have been a member of a cult for most my life then. I have had horses since my teens!!

Last edited:
Chickens are definitly contagious and addicting!
wee.gif

Not many people realize how much of a great pet chickens are.
ya.gif

I never thought they would be contagious either.

Not only are they contagious, they can also cause serious chicken epidemics! or is it pandemic?

For instance, when Hijink post pics of her lav orp's....people involuntarily start drooling and have muscle spasm's in their fingers. Twenty-one days later it happens again, spreading farther and farther across the country.

You maybe next!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom