1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are chickens legal in the Ft. Lauderdale Fl. area?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by jadeflower999, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jadeflower999

jadeflower999 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Vancouver, Washington
    Hello! I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can have hens in Ft. Lauderdale or surrounding towns? Thanks everyone!!

2. HollywoodHens

HollywoodHens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2010
    Hollywood, FL
    looks like no one ever responded to you....and I just found the post.
    They are illegal in Ft Lauderdale, as well as Hallandale and Hollywood (to the south). Not sure about unincorporated Broward, and some are permissible in the Davie area (to the west).
    I keep illegals (25 right now) very discretely in Hollywood...though they do make a fair bit of noise when they cackle, my neighbors (all in rentals) don't mind...and if i am discussing them with my neighbors, i always refer to them as my pets or birds (never chickens) though maybe that's just a little bit of craziness on my part. The giant privacy fence around the property doesn't hurt either!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by