Are chickens the new black?

peony07

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Ferndale WA
OK, so I know I'm a first time chicken keeper and all, but what is going on with the feed stores being over run with chicken getters? I have called all 5 of my close feed stores on a daily basis (i'm not kidding) to see if they have chicks in (I just want two more, honestly). The feed stores keep telling me that they had were unprepared for the run on chicks this year. Caught completely unawares. They are selling out in 3 hours of 150 chicks. What is going on?!?!
Is chicken the new black?

lol.png

So, I've been in style all this time and didn't know it? Let me know when the 80's big hair comes back, cause I'm on it!!
tongue.png

I've got chicks to sell for you! Where's Ferndale? I was thinking of taking them to the show in Monroe but I saw something that said it was on Saturday and I have to work in Bellevue saturday so they would have to sit around for hours just waiting for me to finish up and go to the show, unless anyone knows if the show is multiple days?

These chicks had their Mareks vaccine and are eating constantly, no high odor like chicks I bought last year from a private party that turned out to be ill!

Last edited:
Quote:
Now that this has been posted - I think there are a lot of members on here From Washington. I think there is even a Washingtonian thread somewhere. I bet somebody close could hook you up with Chikkens!! We like others to share in our addiction!!
clap.gif

There is a WA thread somewhere. Itried listing in the sale/trade section but got no replies yet. Very egg-citing to hear the feed stores are getting slammed.

OOh there's a show in Monroe this Saturday? I guess I'll mosey on down and check it out. I got my chick from the Snohomish CO-OP 1 Mar of this year. (I have 2 11 month old australorps too)

chickens are the new black australorp!
smile.png

good luck in finding a baby. I'm sure you will find one somewhere. I found my australorps at that Monroe fairground feed store in April of last year.... just keep trying!

It's only us westerners online right now! Ferndale is very Northwest WA. I am looking for Orphingtons now and a feed store has me on a "List" a list?! He said he would do what he could. I'd love to contact you if he sells my two reserves tomorrow, got orphs?

Back
Top Bottom