Are Chicks just for "Chicks"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thechickenwhisperer, Apr 4, 2007.

1. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

I have been lurking and reading-LOVE this site! I have some of my own chickens and everything is great.

I'm REALLY wondering: How many men vs women like chickens-or is it BOTH sexes equally?

1. I have been reading several threads that suggest the chickens will be moving in, and or staying, DESPITE what the hubby says [​IMG].

2. It also seems as if the female gender on site have a chick addiction [​IMG].

3. I have read several messages from what seems to be male id's, BUT the overwhelming majority appear to be from ladies [​IMG].

I am a woman.
    I love chickens (chicks, hens, and roos-old and young alike).
    I also have a chick addiction.

Any men want to step in here and speak for the male species, or is this just a "woman thing"?

2. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Maybe its because the men are just shy, ya think?

3. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Or maybe embarrassed to admit to a chicken addiction, hmmmm guys?

[​IMG]

4. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    There are a bunch of men still haunting the EZ BYC, they will eventually make it over here to say howdy. I think for the most part men just don't spend as much time discussing their chickens on the internet as the women do.

We have Wes, God bless him, who is there in a pinch and helps keep those in a panic on an even keel.

At the poultry shows its pretty evident that men are into raising birds that are awesome and spend quite a bit of time and money to make certain they stay that way.

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'd like to think that chicken addictions reach the masses... both male and female! [​IMG]

6. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I'm a man and I can't get enough baby chicks. this year I'm obsessed with chickens usually I raise gamebirds but this year I've caught the chicken diseases plus the gamebirds. so I'm not ashamed to admit.[​IMG]

7. Rooster01

Rooster01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Southern WV
    I'm a guy and I have a huge addiction to chickens.

8. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm a man and I love my birds! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  9. chickenboy

chickenboy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Woolwich,ME
    I'm not exactly a man but I'm a boy and I love to hang out with my chickens

10. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I am a man and I love my chickens and my peeps! (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE) I dont think as many men sit behind the computer for as long. I spend my fair share behind the pc, but I also spend my time outside with the birds!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by