Are crested cream legbars show able?

Ebers

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 29, 2013
N.E. Oklahoma
I have some crested cream legbars & my kids are wanting to show poultry at the county fair... my question is if they're show able what class would they be in american,Mediterranean,.... idk

I have some crested cream legbars & my kids are wanting to show poultry at the county fair... my question is if they're show able what class would they be in american,Mediterranean,.... idk

You could show them.
I would contact your county agent since things are different in every county.
Example, my county doesn't have categories like Mediterranean or Asiatic. Instead we categorize birds by age, and LF, bantam, or standard.
Also we have an egg production class in which you have Red and Black Sex Links and White Californians

The Cream Legbar is not a "recognized" breed but based on Poultrykeeper.com, The breed originates in the UK. So I would assume it to be English or all other standard breed.

Sorry i'm not much help...

The crested cream legbar is not a showable breed in the US, however some fairs have catagories for children or 4-H or such and judge on the presentation of the animal and not the animal itself. You might want to check and see if this is the case.
If your children want to show you might have to try another breed. Often children enjoy showing bantams which are kid sized and friendly and make great pets as well as show birds.

Back
Top Bottom