Are crow collars safe?

chicken4prez

Free Ranging
6 Years
Jun 14, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hi there everyone! I have heard good and bad things about crow collars and I am probably going to get some Ayam Cemani's this summer but I don't want my roo's crowing! So my mom said that we should put CC on our roo's but I first wanted to make sure their safe.

Thanks!

Crow collars, at least those from nocrowroostercollars.com, are safe. All they do is prevent the rooster from taking a very deep breath to be able to crow. You can read about them on the website. Ayam Cemanis! That is so cool! Where are you getting them from?

Crow collars, at least those from nocrowroostercollars.com, are safe. All they do is prevent the rooster from taking a very deep breath to be able to crow. You can read about them on the website. Ayam Cemanis! That is so cool! Where are you getting them from?
I'm hoping to get them this summer from @Cali Farms .

Thanks for telling me!

Any crow collar can be deadly......they need to be used with great care and a good deal of monitoring/observation.

Anything that impedes an animals ability to breath and eat is something to avoid IMO.

Any crow collar can be deadly......they need to be used with great care and a good deal of monitoring/observation.

Anything that impedes an animals ability to breath and eat is something to avoid IMO.
Used correctly, they're safe. They just prevent enough air from traveling through the vocal cords to crow. They can breathe fine, eat fine, and make all other sounds when put on right.

It's better than the fate of culling that the vast majority of roosters face.

I don't think a crow collar impedes a rooster's ability to eat. Although I would agree that proper fitting of the collar and observing the rooster with the collar is important.
Used correctly, they're safe. They just prevent enough air from traveling through the vocal cords to crow. They can breathe fine, eat fine, and make all other sounds when put on right.

It's better than the fate of culling that the vast majority of roosters face.
Definitely would agree. Correct use is what determines the safety of many devices.

It compresses their throat, reducing it's size....might not totally prevent eating and breathing, but still.
Just my opinion, won't debate it further.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom