Are Cuckoo Maran Roosters Nice?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pheasantslove, Mar 17, 2017.

1. pheasantslove

pheasantslove New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    Hello everyone I was wondering are Cuckoo Maran Roosters Nice because I would like a nice Rooster along with my white silkie rooster I know they won't get along but I will do my best but please tell me Thank you so much.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Every rooster has his own personality and how they are raised can affect their behaviors, so it's hard to say whether the rooster you get will be nice or not based on his breed. Lighter breed roosters tend to be more busy and heavier breeds are a bit more docile. Marans fall in the middle.

1 person likes this.
  3. pheasantslove

pheasantslove New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    Thank you so much I am getting a st.run and I am jusr getting 2 because they are reAlly Expensive like 7:50$ each but I would like to get a rooster and a hen I hope. Do i amording 7 st. run sebrights and 4 Asian blue hens so I got my hands full and I just wanted to prepared if I got a rooster I have had some bad history with big Roosters but thank you again about the advice :D

4. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I find ignoring the roosters as they grow and keeping them slightly wary of you can help. Don't hand feed them or over handle them. Make them get out of the way of you, and don't be afraid to round them up and pen them as they sexually mature if they are being too rough with the hens. Every breed I have tried has never become aggressive with me, so I believe it's in the raising more than it's what breed it is.

1 person likes this.
  5. pheasantslove

pheasantslove New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    Wow this iPad is laggy I can't type right that is annoying [​IMG]

6. pheasantslove

pheasantslove New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    True but I can't pen them up all my chickens are free range but when I get I will keep on posting pictures of my marans and how they are doing I th ink I will get them today soon

7. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Good luck.[​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by