Are Delawares the loudest and noisiest when laying? Bully's?

Schwartzfarmnc

Songster
9 Years
May 28, 2010
West Jefferson
We have 2 Delawares who I call the white devils, when they are about to lay they are so loud and obnoxious, they run other birds out of the next and are up and down up and down from the boxes all the while screaming for it seems like hours before they actually lay. I had to go out to the coop yesterday and remove one of the delawares after she continued to run our EE out of the boxes, and she does this for spite, she will jump up to the higher boxes and go in and out of each one and if another bird is in the box she runs them off, so I brought her inside and had a stiff talk with her about her attitude and then put her in time out. When I brought her back in she went right in the box and laid her egg, so hopfully we now have an understanding!

Anyone else have these birds or just do I have 2 bullies?

I have a RIR that does the exact same thing....never thought about having a talk with her.....she gets right up in my face screaming at me. Has laid three small eggs so far.

so I brought her inside and had a stiff talk with her about her attitude and then put her in time out.

gig.gif

That made me giggle; I would probably do the same, and I saw someone post recently "they do understand".

Good luck!​

Well I thought she understood but I ended up going back out and putting her back into time out, she runs all the other girls out of the boxes and that got under my last nerve today, I guess I need to knock her down the pecking order or I may end up giving her away, the other girls deserve some peace when laying their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom