Are Dorking Roosters Aggressive Towards Humans?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BantamFan4Life, Nov 30, 2012.

1. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Are Dorking Roosters Aggressive Towards Humans? I've been looking into breeding and I'm not wanting to keep an aggressive rooster in my coop.
    Note, I know it more depends on the personality of the rooster but some breeds tend to be less aggressive than others, like cochin roosters.

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

No, they typically are not aggressive. My 4 Silver-Gray boys are gentle and easy-going when it comes to people, and even when they fight among themselves, it's more drama than anything.

If you're interested in Dorkings you may want to check out the BYC Dorking Club thread on here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/118388/b-y-c-dorking-club

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    thanks so much!

4. Rockashelle

Rockashelle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Snohomish, WA
    My 2 Colored Dorking roos are nice boys. They are nice to the ladies too. I did have one Dorking roo that bit me a while back but... He was laying down in the dust a few feet from me so I thought I'd pick him up. Ugh... Needless to say, I didn't keep him around after that and recognized it was most likey my fault. The other three boys never attempted and are quite respectful. They are very friendly growing up but I've learned not to get too friendly with any roo so they don't ever get the idea that maybe they could take me out. Mine follow me around but always move out of the way when I walk towards them. I highly recommend them. I won't ever own another breed. Best wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by