Are ducks not the best?

Pics
They are the best! I shared a poop story the other day, so I'll spare everyone another story LOL. but here's a pic - bottom's up!

FullSizeRender.JPG

I don't have many yet due to my first group not being hatched. However, for the longest time I did amateur studies on Geese to understand their behavior and whatnot. What I found to be interesting is that if you ingratiate yourself to a specific flock through treats (Mealworms and peas are strangely effective), they tend to more or less adopt you in a way. Many a time I would find myself surrounded by them, eating grass and other treats while ignoring my presence. Though once in a while one would come up and sit down next to me.
Gotta say, people give ducks and Geese a hard time (Especially Canadian Geese) but I would have to say that they were exceptionally friendly towards me after the first few treat sessions.

I guess I do have one... A few minutes ago I let the ducks out of their run for their afternoon pond swim. While sitting there a coyote ran right through my yard chasing a deer. the ducks were like 'huh?' and I lost both flip flops in the pond trying to round them up and into their run. AIY!!!!!!!
That is crazy!!!!

Back
Top Bottom