Are EE's good layers?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mbleily, Jul 6, 2008.

1. mbleily

mbleily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    I have 8 EE pullets from Meyers. I just wondered if anyone had any from them that are laying and if they lay well. I have a mixed lot and would like the EE to be good layers because I have more of them than anything else.

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    My answer's probably not what you're looking for... either they're really good layers or they aren't. I know a lot of people have had very good laying results with them. Hopefully you will too.

3. mbleily

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    Quote:Thats what I was afraid you were going to say. I hope that someone here will has experience with Meyers EE's and they should be close to what I have. sigh.........just wait and see I guess.

4. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    We have lots of Ameracuanas and they are great layers, they didnt come from Meyers though.

5. mbleily

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    Quote:I only have EE's . I would like some Ameracuanas but I haven't found any near me yet.

6. Lammie

Lammie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2008
    You mean Easter Egg chickens, right? I am a little slow on the jargon here. I had several at one point and they were splended egg layers for the first year and production fell off sharply after that.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  8. mbleily

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    Quote:Yes, I have Easter Egger's. I would like some Ameraucanas. Maybe someday. I am happy right now. I hope to work my way into good layers. They are only 13 going on 14 weeks old right now. [​IMG]

9. auskittle

auskittle Cheesy Doodle Head

Jun 25, 2008
    Northern Ca
    wehave a EE that lays almost everyday.

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:I would say that EE's lay eggs. If you want pullets that are known for being good egg layers, I think there's other breeds that lay more eggs. But EE's are really cute, enjoy them!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by